Post-holiday clean-up is not as fun as decorating, but it is important to properly store your favorite holiday decorations to make them last for years to come. I have rounded up some of the easiest and budget-friendly Christmas storage solutions to help you organize all the wrapping paper, ornaments, lights, decorations from year to year. Some of these ideas require a little DIY action while others are just simple household supplies repurposed.
1. Put beaded garland in an empty water bottle to keep them from tangling
via Tip Junkie
2. Use an egg carton to keep fragile Christmas tree ornaments safe and sorted
via Ask Anna
3. Use old belts to cinch your tree up
This will take your Christmas tree down to a more storable and manageable size.
4. Wrap Christmas lights around pieces of disposable cardboard to keep them organized and untangled.
5. Or wrap them around a plastic hanger
via Bob Vila
6. Organize ornaments in zipper bags
via Decor Adventures
Just sort ornaments by color or type and put in plastic baggies.
7. Make your own Christmas ornaments organizer box
via Moms’ Party Café
Glue plastic cups to cardboard and cut to fit the box.
8. Create a cushion for breakable ornaments that need a little extra protection using a few coffee filters